Saturday, November 21, 2020

Hogzilla!!!

Okay, okay, I know that not everyone that reads this blog is into outdoor stuff and this is HUGE departure from the groove-tastic fashions of the Big Book Catalogs of the 70s, BUUUUT....

This is my blog an I can post anything I want.  And I got drawn for a TPWD private land hunt, which is like winning the lottery (literally, like 50000 to 1.)  And on that hunt I bagged El Muy Grande, or to say HOGZILLA!!!


Estimated weight was 300 to 350 lbs.  For you non hunters please remember that this is an invasive species which destroys native habitat and competes with native game.  The land owner put me on this monster because he desperately wanted it gone (it was chasing off deer.)   And I bagged it early Wednesday morn.  Oh yeah I got a deer and several other hogs on the hunt, which was fantastic, but this was the trophy!!

Location, for those who are interested, was between Medina and Vanderpool Texas, deep in the heart of the Texas hill country.

Yep, I brought home the bacon with that one!!  

2 comments:

  1. Just don't try to show it in a dress or even worse a bikini!!! :-)

    Hope you get a lot of good meat from it!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Good point!! And yes we've already had some of the meat. It wasn't bad for a boar. The secret is to cook it long and slow!

      Delete