Monday, January 18, 2016

K Club Special: Part 23 - Laura Jones!

Thanks to some of my loyal readers, we finally, FINALLY, learned the of name of one of my favorite "Mystery Models"  Of course, it's not like I was obsessed with her or anything, no, no, no of course NOT!! (well maybe a little).

Laura Jones is her name, and she was a regular in the Big Book catalogs of the late 70s and early 80s.

 She definitely had "The Look."  However, I haven't been able to find out much else about her career.  So this post is going to be heavy on the catalog pics!

This pic from Ford Agency is courtesy of a reader who told me where to find it.  It says that she has excellent hands and legs.  I guess that means that she would make a good wide receiver?!?


Her career overlapped Kathy's.  With gals like this hanging around the dock, I feel the sudden urge to take up sailing.  Meet me over at The Yacht Club!!

Whether in Aldens, Penneys, Sears, or like here in Wards, Laura always made the groovy catalog of the fashions look like fun!

I had to throw in one more pic of Laura with Kathy!

Nice bow tie!!

Since this is the 70s, we have ot have at least one pic of the classic pointy collars!

Tunics and rope belts of the 70s!!

Very nice!

I'll keep looking for some more info and material on Laura for future posts!!

Once final pic which I've had before....
Laura on the cover of the Aldens 1976 FW catalog.. I had to include that!!

3 comments:

  1. She is on the cover of the Feb 78 issue of Redbook- inside its revealed that she is pregnant.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I really appreciate that info. I couldn't find anything else on her. I'll check that issue out!!

      Delete
  2. I was best friends with her brother. Ronnie. There dad was Harry jones announcer for the Indians for 25 years.

    ReplyDelete