Monday, February 9, 2015

The Big Book Catalog Series (Part 4) 1972a

Whoopsie! Someone forgot to hit the "Publish" button last Monday.  So if you were wondering why there was no post last week, well that was the reason.  By the time I realized the omission, the week was about done.  And I didn't want to short change this post.  No, no, no!  After all it's time for another in our series of looks at the Big Book catalogs of the 70s!  Yippee!!  And this time we're going to take a look at 1972.

This presents a bit of problem, a good problem really.  You see 1972 was a monster year for Kathy in her Big Book career, so I'm going to split this year up into FOUR parts.


Yeah, we're going to take a look back at the Sears and JCPenneys Fall and Winter Big Books.I think that you, dear readers, will agree that this post was worth the wait!

Yep, the gang is all here is some super-groovy 70s fashions! And MAN are they looking hot.....(1)

This is one of those kinda strange poses that somehow works - well this is Kathy after all, nuff said.........(1)


Okay, okay, I have the "small" version of this catalog.  Apparently, Sears put out a Small and a Large version of their Big Books until 1973.  So in the "small" version we get a lot of black and white shots - like here of Karen and Shelley.  Still it's pretty kicking (if you ask me),

How can black have "many moods" - it's just one color so how can it have multiple moods.  Oh wait, That's me being WAY too logical, better just to let it ride, man......


If you want to read this, you can.  This is back in the day when advertisers believed that people would actually READ something like this.   But, of course, the Big Books were all we had, so why not????

And now for JCPenneys.......

Kathy and Karen - totally awesome.  WOW JUST WOW!! (okay that is a bit over used expression from the internet.)

Kay and Dottie - WOW part deux (or something like that, still pretty smoking hot!)


"These boots are made for walking, and that's what I'll do...."

"these boots are gonna walk all over you ......" Nice tree in the background, by the way....

Oh my, what to say - totally 70s awesomeness at its zenith: high rise pants (in a crazy pattern), a giant medallion, and the over sized "man tie" (along with cuffed bell bottoms!).  All I can say is - Groovy BABY. Let's go to the disco!!"

footnotes:

(1) These pics courtesy of Blue Senshi.  Thanks!

4 comments:

  1. I may or may not have owned a pair of purple velvet hot pants (similar to Kays) back in the day, which of course were worn with white boots. I will also say I was 5'9" and weighed about 95 lbs. Don't even try to imagine that! How many catalogs do you own???

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Quite a few. My collection of 70s catalogs is getting fairly complete. I've been working on a project to back them up electronically (they won't last forever). After that I'll put them back on the market. Yeah I thought Kay's outfit in that pic was pretty cool too!!

      Delete
  2. I may or may not have owned a pair of purple velvet hot pants (similar to Kays) back in the day, which of course were worn with white boots. I will also say I was 5'9" and weighed about 95 lbs. Don't even try to imagine that! How many catalogs do you own???

    ReplyDelete
  3. Loved these 70's looks. I absorbed Seventeen each month. Thanks

    ReplyDelete