Monday, May 30, 2016

Columbia Minerva Awesomeness! Part 4!!

They're baaack.  Just when you thought it was safe to go back to the 70s, along comes the grooviest, snazziest, most hip fashions from that font of do-it-yourself 70s styles called Columbia Minerva.

Karen and Kathy in 70s style homemade sweaters and hot pants and stockings and elephant belts and, well, this is actually kinda groovy - in that special 70s kinda way.!! (1)

And nothing is more 70s groovy baby than "Gals in Nantuk Ombre."  I have no idea what that means but it is really groovy!!

Hmmm, a newspaper and a tennis racket - interesting combination.  I'm sure Jayne Modean and friend could explain the strange juxtaposition.

Smartie pants are pretty groovy if you ask me!!

Karen seemed to be a regular in these CM things.  However, in this case the smile seems a bit forced. Perhaps she was thinking "My agent is really going to hear about this!"

What I love about Columbia Minerva is that didn't have the pretense of high fashion.  They were all about campy, 70s style fun and that's what made them awesome!!  Like here, CM had you covered from head to toe!!

Allow me, your humble historical blogger, to explain one of my great dilemmas.  You see, there are TONS of groove-tastic Columbia Minerva pics out there.  That's not a problem.  However,  there are only a handful that include Kathy.  Soooo I have to ration them judiciously.
Columbia Minerva was always pretty awesome, but none so more than this!!  To all my readers: you're welcome!

footnotes:

(1) I got this from somewhere on the internet, not sure where, may have been My-Retrospace.  In may early days, I wasn't very good at documenting where I got material.  If this isn't correct, my apologies.

2 comments:

  1. Just FYI, "ombre" is a type of yarn coloring where the shades vary and go from like to dark. Nantuk is a type of acrylic fiber. I used to make all that stuff!

    ReplyDelete