Sunday, December 29, 2013

Body Suits / Body Shirts / Whatever - Part 4

Well, this post was advertized in advance by a request from one of our readers.  So here it is.....

Yeah, it is in black and white.  I know, I know.  Still Kathy and Mick Lindberg look pretty awesome!   Does anyone out there have the color version, perchance?  Blue Senshi educated us all that Sears put out TWO versions of their big book catalogs up to the early 70s  - one had lots of black and white photos (like here) while the other version was bigger and in all color.  Looking back at my collection, I have a mix of the two - which explains a lot.


Well, just like the old 45 rpm records, there is always the "flip side" which often times was just as good - or better.  And here that is the case (back page to the black and white pic).  Here Kathy models how to wear the body suit, er body shirt, er, whatever, and looks absolutely fabulous doing so (is that the most perfect smile you're ever seen or what???).


Oh no, now to add to the confusion, they were also called "Body Blouses"!  Great, now I'll have to make the title of these posts even longer!  Of course the term "body blouses" is perhaps more accurate, since women wear blouses instead of shirts anyway (but what about suits, both sexes wear suits, right?!?!?)


Whatever they're called, Kay and Karen rock them here!  WOW, words can't begin to describe this 70s awesomeness!  Question to my loyal readers - why can't models today pull off this incredibly soft, sexy look????  This pic is absolutely pure art!  WOW!!!!!


Sears seemed to be the place to go for the body suit (or are they shirts, or are they blouses, HEEEELLLLLPPPP!!  I'm dying here!!!) 


Yeah baby, Sears even had the "Body Suit Shop" (or is it "Shoppe", Old World style).  Colleen, Joanne, and Pat rocked the look!  

Note: I posted REAL early this week because I'm on the road.  Please send your comments, etc. but I may not respond for a few days as I will be out of touch....

Happy New Year!!!!!


10 comments:

  1. LOL! No matter what you call them, I call them uncomfortable!! Believe me, don't wait to the last minute to have to go to the bathroom in one of them! One style that I am glad to see hasn't made a comeback (has it?)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, I can only imagine. But what about paying any price for fashion?!?!? Despite some attempts recently, body suits, er, shirts, er, blouses, seem forever linked in fashion history to the 70s. !

      Delete
  2. Many thanks for the body suit shot of Mick. Awsome pose!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, it is a FANTASTIC shot (Kathy too!!). Mick is on my short list to be a feature model on my "K Club Special" series on in the future!

      Delete
    2. I always loved those bodysuit catalog pics. LOL
      BTW, I do have the color version of that shot of Mick and Kathy.

      Delete
    3. Yep, they were great, and so iconic of the 70s!

      Delete
    4. This comment is directed to Blue Senshi. Would you be willing to allow that pic of Kathy and Mick to be posted?

      Delete
    5. Sure, but I don't know how to go about doing that.

      Delete
    6. You can e-mail it to me at Alaen68@gmail.com.

      Delete