Monday, October 9, 2017

Uniforms, Part 4 - This Time It's Personal!!

My, my, how things have changed.  I mean back in the 70s I never, EVER thought that some day, I'd be out shopping for uniforms like these.

Let me explain.  I have a daughter who just passed her nursing exam and is now starting out in her first full time job (just in time to help pay for my SSI.)  And naturally the student scrubs will simply NOT do.  Sooooo, we went shopping for new uniforms. And I was amazed.  Yves Saint Laurent makes designer scrubs?!?!  Geez, it was so much easier back in the 70s with the Big Book catalogs!!

So we'll start out with some groovy 70s uniforms from JCPenney and Kathy in a wig.  Hmmm, I'm too sure about that!  And check out the the pitch for "on duty foot comfort".  When I asked one guy whose wife is nurse for gift ideas for my daughter he responded "comfortable shoes."  He knows, he knows.

Wow!  Loots of choices here!  And who is that in the mini skirt in the tiny insert pic?

Why it's Kathy again!!  I can't say that I've ever seen  nurse in a mini before, but hey whatever, it's got to make the patients feel better!

Easy Care and Good Values, now wer're talking!  No designer scrubs.

Penney's tries to get into the designer uniform business.  Sorry, doesn't work for me.

Colleen and Karen, and it looks like they have comfortable shoes too!

 Peggy and Kay get into the uniform scene!!

Peggy and Wendy!

And finally Peggy and Kathy!  Man it was so much easier back then!  Just open one of those groovy Big Book catalogs and charge it!!  Those were the days!!

1 comment: