Monday, November 6, 2017

A Brief History of this Blog, Part 2 - The Comments

First off I'd like to thank each and every one of you out there in the Internet world who have left comments on my blog.  I try to respond to each one as time permits.  The vast overwhelming number of comments have been positive and helpful.  However.......

A few have been weird, funny, or just plain creepy.  I suppose that is to be expected.  I've only had to delete a few comments and only had to permanently ban one commentator (I think he was confused about what kind of site this was!)

So I'd like to share a few of the unintentionally funny ones.  Please note that I'm not making fun of anyone, still.......

"How can we place an order for delivery of your products.  I run a chain of stores in XXXX and we would like to start with 5000 units of your jumpsuits for women.  Also could you please send a catalog of all your offerings.  We normally deal in dollars but we can use Euros if preferred....."

You know, if I had 5000 jumpsuits laying around, I would have made that deal!!  Hmm, maybe I'm missing out on a big business opportunity here!!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
On a post where I mentioned how girls in mini skirts distracted me in college.
"Wow, you went to school with these girls!  No wonder you got distracted.  How many classes did you have with Kathy."

Uh, none.  You see I was speaking in general about girls back in the 70s, NOT that I knew or went to school with any of the specific models in the post (god forbid, I would have NEVER graduated.)

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
"I have a request.  Could you please have Kathy pose in a blue mini skirt with her walking sideways and looking back.  Thanks!"

Sure, no problem.  I'll just build a time machine.  And, after collecting my Nobel Prize in physics, go back to 1973, walk onto a set, and explain your request to the photographer.  I'm sure he'll understand that I need that pic for my "blog" on the "internet" that will exist in the future.  No problem man!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
And my favorite from a post on Fashion as Couples Therapy..................................................

"Your use of fashion in couples therapy is a very fascinating and innovative approach.  I have talked to the staff here at  the XXXXXX couples retreat center located in YYYYYY Germany and we plan on using this same technique.  Thanks for the helpful insights and best of luck!"


Wow, to think that somewhere deep in the Black Forest of Germany at a center for couples, they are running around in His 'N Her fashions from the 70s AND that it is all due to my blog, is, well, strangely satisfying.  People helping people - that's what we do here at the Kathy Loghry Blogspot!!

4 comments:

  1. Awesome! Love this so much, the comments people post are so funny! Thanks so much for sharing, Made my day!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I Have to add, that I get the most fun out of Your great sense of humor and comments, That's what Makes this blog SO fun!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Thanks! I try to come it on the light and fun side! The material helps a lot in that regard. Glad you enjoy the blog!

      Delete