Saturday, October 20, 2018

Random Goodness: Fall Looks From Spiegel!!

Let's check out what all the groovy cool kids from Spiegel were wearing back in 74........

"Juniors....Come"? What the heck does that mean?  I'm afraid to ask.  The guy with the mod 70s headphones couldn't hear me anyway.  He is too busy trying to impress the gal in the knit cap (who is desperately trying to ignore him.)

Oh now I get it "on Loud and Clear".  That was the tie-in to the guy with the headphones. Yeah kind of weak if you ask me. (1)

 "Just for..." what?  At least the guy with headphones is gone. The gal he was hitting on seems relieved.

Oh no, he's back!  So he decided to ditch the headphones (good idea, how was he supposed to hear the gal he was hitting on with those things??)  But, but, now he's pulled out, well, I guess it's his "go to, can't fail to impress the chicks" yellow boombox.  From Kathy's expression, it doesn't seem to be working.  She's looking at it like "You're kidding, right?!?" (2)  Better luck next time kid.  I admire his determination, but I think he needs to polish his game a bit!!

footnotes:

(1) Yeah I know the picture quality is crap.  These old catalogs weren't made with the very best materials and with age the pages get crinkled and hard to copy.

(2) On second thought, maybe this guy is a pickup genius.  Sometimes really campy stuff like this works.  It's all in the timing and delivery.  These gals better watch out for this smooth "player." 

1 comment: