Friday, October 4, 2019

Sew Your Own with Sears Fabrics!!

Sears used to have a series of specialty catalogs that they put out that covered everything from farm equipment to fashion.  I haven't collected too many, they are too hit or miss for pics of Kathy.   But when the opportunity came to snatch a Sears Fabrics specialty catalog from 1974, well, I couldn't resist.  Let's see how I did.....

Well this is a promising start with Karen on the cover.  Where there's Karen, there is almost always Kathy (and vice versa.)

Basically here are all the pics in the catalog on one page.  If you look closely, you may tell that I could very possibly strike out on this purchase. 

There are a lot of pics of Sew your Own in this catalog that don't really merit much comment, Like here.

 And here.

 Ahh, another of our favorite models, maybe things are looking up!!
 Lots of white, but no sign of Kathy so far...

 Karen reprises her green look from the cover.

Yes, let's dress the ENTIRE family in orange polyester and white shoes.  What could be more 70s than that?!?!?

 Except more orange polyester, this time in gabardine!!

 Yawn, my hopes for Kathy pics are fading, fading........

Kay makes a late appearance.  She was in every Sears and JCPenny catalog in the early to mid 70s.  Prove me wrong....

 More Karen in green.  This is getting ridiculous. Surely there has to be at least ONE pic of Kathy.

 Finally!!  Not bad, I really like the orange scarf!!

Annnnd, that's it.  One pic of Kathy.  So this doesn't exactly inspire me to go out and buy those farm equipment catalogs!!!

2 comments: