Friday, June 29, 2018

Random Weirdness: The Fabrics Of JCPenney!

One thing about the Big Book catalogs of the 70s, they were always pushing those man-made fabrics!

Arnel Triacetate.  I have a MS in Chem E and I have no earthly idea what that is!! Whatever it is I'm sure it's "groovy baby!"

Flax and Rayon.  Well the flax sounds natural.  The Rayon, er, not so much.


When all else fails, let's go with Dacron Polyester!!  The fabric that clothed America, dang it!!

Polyester knits.  Need I say more?!? Nope!!

Cotton?!?!?! COTTON?!?!?! That's not man made.  How the heck did that slip into this post???  Oh well, Cay, Kay, and Wendy look great in man made or artificial fabs!! (Gotta love the lace up boots, All I can say is "That's Soooo 70s!!!)

So where does all this random man made madness leave us , you ask???


Well with something called "The Mixables."  Sounds like a 70s "key" party gone wrong.....

Yeah, the gal second to the left seems a little miffed at the gal on the far left.  If it was a "key" party, I wonder why????

3 comments: