Wednesday, March 20, 2019

Ahh, The Black Velvet Ads of the 70s

Now as long time readers of this blog know, I tend to focus on the groovy Big Book catalogs of the 70s (with a little bleed over to the 60s and 80s for good measure.)  But it wasn't that way in the beginning.  I envisioned a blog that would spin off into other retro-nostalgia subjects of the past, but over time the groovy catalogs were just too much gosh, darn fun!!

So let's take a break from the catalogs and return to another staple of the 70s.... those weirdly suggestive liquor ads.....

 Nothing suggestive here, no nothing at all, let's move along.........

Feel, touch, a wonder what they are alluding to with this ads????  After all there's nothing at all about the quality of the product.....

 So now we add smooth to the feel and touch theme.  I still don't know why I should buy this product.

More feeling or feelin' if you will.  Yeah I get it.  They're using pretty women to sell the product but the jokes on them, I see through their little scam!!


 More touch...

 Feeling with money and babes, I must admit that I'm kinda feeling thirsty now....

 Yeah, I mean it's almost the weekend, why not start it a bit early...

Definitely could use a stiff drink now, after all it's been a long week already and it's only Wednesday....

 A nice tall drink, that'll do the trick....

 Okay, it has NOTHING to do with the subliminal advertising here....

 I'm just thirsty, that's all....

 Yeah, yeah, that's it....

 Just want to start the weekend a little early, and why not!!!!

 Okay, okay, I'm done with this post, time to celebrate!!!

Yes, it IS smooth, sooooo smooth!!!

As a bonus, how many models that appeared in catalogs can you identify in these ads?? 

6 comments:

  1. I think I see Cheryl Tiegs there twice, Christie Brinkley is there, and most of the rest look really familiar, but I couldn't say who for sure.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think I also see Kelly Emberg, Rene Russo, Kim Alexis, and...Karen Bruun. Karen's was posted earlier.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes you are correct. I meant to mention that Karen's was a re-post.

      Delete
    2. Karen Bruun was my Mom. Did Kathy Loghry make this, or is the site just named after her?? I was trying to get in touch with her.

      Delete
    3. No, Kathy didn't make this site, just a fan. I'm glad that you found the site though. Your mom was certainly one of the classic catalog models of the 70s, and I've done a number of posts on her. I noticed that you also commented on the Facebook page about models of that era. Glad to have yo visiting and please comment often!!

      Delete
  3. Promo Fans^^poker :
    - Bonus Freechips 5.000 - 10.000 setiap hari (1 hari dibagikan 1 kali) hanya dengan minimal deposit 50.000 dan minimal deposit 100.000 ke atas
    - Bonus Cashback 0.5% dibagikan Setiap Senin
    - Bonus Referal 20% Seumur Hidup dibagikan Setiap Kamis

    ReplyDelete