Saturday, March 2, 2019

The Ones that Got Away!

No I'm not talking about lost loves of long ago.  Rather I'm talking about pics that I tried to collect for this blog that I tried to get and, uh well, didn't. 

So I'm hopefully that one day I can add them to my collection, but for now, alas, this is all I have of them.....

Yep, I found this one right after it had sold.  Drats!!  Obviously it has at least one good pic of Kathy.  Still I'm hoping that another pops up for sale someday!  Jewel Tea is not exactly the most common catalog that shows up on Ebay, But I'm watching!!

This one is a bit confusing.  It's not so much as one that got away. Rather, it's one that has never appeared anywhere else.  This pic came from a forgotten website while roaming around the internet.  I believe that it is from a Simpsons Sears catalog FW 75.  I've been looking for that edition ever since with no luck.

Ouch, this one hurt!!  This popped up in my automated searches one morning.  It hadn't been listed on Ebay for more than a few hours at most.....and it was already gone!!  What really hurt is that something like this doesn't come up very often, so the chance of snagging another one is low. 

This is another one that I missed out on!!  What a great pic of Kathy!!  Still I wasn't too worried because I figured another would appear one day.........still waiting!!!

Note: long time readers of this blog may remember I post from several years ago where I talked about seeing Kathy on a cover of a bridal magazine in a oral surgeon's waiting room back in 1977.  That is how I first learned what her name was.  Is this that magazine???  I dunno. This pic doesn't ring a bell, and the date is off by about 4 years, but you know, maybe that doctor kept magazines around for a long time.

Actually, my success in getting material has been pretty good overall.  These are the only ones where I wasn't successful.  Now, I COULD reach out to my loyal readers for some help in tracking these elusive items down (hint, hint.)  But you know, finding them is half the fun!!

No comments:

Post a Comment